Saturday, May 20, 2006

House Number 3

This is our latest house purchase. We bought it at the end of Feb (by the time the paperwork was completed) and since then have been renovating it. J has done the lions share of the work and the kids and myself have helped a little too. J amazes me continually with his effort to the house. The small jobs mean the most to him and all I can do is make the curtains lol. It is very frustrating for me not to be able to get in there and work along side him. But having the baby to take care of is hard on location for we have tennants in there too. But in this next picture you will be able to see the amazing work my better half has put into the project.

We have about one week till it is complete. Then life can get back to normal till the next one comes along.

8 Comments:

At 5:14 AM, Blogger HORIZON said...

What a transformation! How do you mangage to get it all done in such a short time? Like the fence and love the colour.xx

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Alice said...

At first I thought the top photo was taken on 2 June and the lower photo on 5 Feb - and thought, "That's sad, because I really liked the purple house much better!" Duuuurrr. Then I put 2 and 2 and a few other clues together, and realised that you liked the purple one better, too.

You've done a great job there, and I hope it will be a very successful investment for you.

 
At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shona and co, I think you have done very well with your new career - you, J, and the kids are onto a successful life and I wish you all the best

I just love the colour of your house, purple or Heather is one of my favourite colours

All the best

Mle

 
At 6:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an achievement doing up the house.....good on you guys......

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Rosa said...

Wow. What a transformation! I'm getting ready to have our kitche re-done and I dread it! But I hate the kitchen now so it will be worth it! It's fun in the end, but it's the during that just about kills ya!

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

My God! Is this the same house? I absolutely love these bright colors because they are invigorating and remind me of the Southwestern USA like Santa Fe!! Recently friends have told me to "flip houses" because it is quite lucrative. I'm looking into that! Very cool!

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Renae said...

What great pictures!!! Job well done.

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Kate said...

its amazing what a little paint can do!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home